What is a RN Patient Advocate?
As a qualified RN and Health Educator, Stephanie received specialized Patient Advocacy training. She guides individuals to understand their healthcare options, helps to avoid medical errors, facilitates communication between practitioners, and coaches to encourage a holistic, healthy lifestyle. Her in-person services are private pay.
Who can benefit from the services of a RN Patient Advocate?
Individuals are often frightened and confused when dealing with the medical system, and it’s difficult to know where to turn for safe, accurate, and ethical healthcare information. Stephanie understands that it’s difficult to know where to turn for safe, accurate, and ethical healthcare information.
Stephanie has helped:
• A person who lives alone, or without family nearby, and needs help navigating the medical system.
• Anyone facing surgery, chemotherapy or other medical procedures, and wanting guidance and support through the process.
• Coordination of medical services when transitioning from home to assisted living, rehab to home, etc.
• Individuals looking for licensed, integrative health providers (acupuncturist, chiropractor, yoga therapist, etc.) to support a conventional treatment plan.
• Promote end of life and advanced care discussions.
• Facilitate open communication with all healthcare providers, to keep everyone informed, and most importantly, to keep YOU SAFE!
How do I enlist the services of a RN Patient Advocate?
Stephanie offers an initial 30 minute, free phone consultation. An in-home assessment is completed on all new clients, a contract signed, and an initial payment received. She charges an hourly fee for consulting services. Stephanie and her team reside in Tucson, AZ.
RN Patient Advocate
Call me to discuss your situation and arrange an in-home assessment. Or email Stephanie to learn more about how she can help.
Additional Information about the RN Patient Advocacy Team